To be the best warrior you can be requires three essential elements. Those elements have to be in perfect balance with one another to maximize success. Ironside Medieval Combat is one of the only martial arts gyms that trains, supports, and covers all three of these elements. The three essential elements to being a champion ironclad warrior are skills, fitness, and nutrition.
We have developed a curriculum that has never been seen before. We have taken years of study, thousands of hours of sparring, drills tournaments, and much more and organized it in an easy to learn system. We offer a variety of classes that are broken down by skill set and weapon style. These classes are all taught by World Champion fighters Nicholas and Janeal Ironside.
There is an old Chinese proverb that says “A beginner practices until they get it right, a master practices until they cannot get it wrong.” Drills and practice help us narrow our focus down to specific skills and practice them until they are mastered. The Iron-Warrior System that we teach is built on the foundation of fitness, skill work, and nutrition. However, it is up to the individual to build upon that foundation with dedication and hard work. We are hare here to support, teach, and train. Come give one of our classes for free and start your new adventure as an Iron-Warrior.
For the month of March we are offering a free peak into our training methods and drills.
- Friday Drill 3/1 – March of the Drills: 1 Through 6 Pell Drill
- Monday Drill 3/4 – March of the Drills: Power and Body Mechanics
- Tuesday Drill 3/5 – March of the Drills: Figure 8 Downward Strike Drill
- Wednesday Drill 3/6 – March of the Drills: Figure 8 Upward Strike Drill
- Thursday Drill 3/7 – March of the Drills: Sword and Shield Speed Drill
- Friday Drill 3/8 – March of the Drills: Elastico
- Monday Drill 3/11 – March of the Drills: Footwork Accressere and Descressere
- Tuesday Drill 3/12 – March of the Drills: Circle Drill #1
- Wednesday Drill 3/13 – March of the Drills: Sawtooth Drill
- Thursday Drill 3/14 – March of the Drills: Circle Drill #2
- Friday Drill 3/15 – March of the Drills: Footwork Game
- Monday Drill 3/18 – March of the Drills: Power and Body Mechanics: Rope with Weight
- Tuesday Drill 3/19 – March of the Drills: Figure 8 Combo
- Wednesday Drill 3/20 – March of the Drills: 5 Strike Drill
- Thursday Drill 3/21 – March of the Drills: Speed Drill Part 2: Adding Footwork
- Friday Drill 3/22 – March of the Drills: 1-6 Pell Drill: Adding Footwork
- Monday Drill 3/25 – March of the Drills: Push Pull Drill
- Tuesday Drill 3/26 – March of the Drills: Grappling Footwork: Basics
- Wednesday Drill 3/27 – March of the Drills: Grappling Defensive Stance
- Thursday Drill 3/28 – March of the Drills: Behind Hip Toss
If you live too far away to join us at our physical location have no fear, we are now offering online classes! We have been working hard to make our training easier and more available for our supporters. We now have a way for people to train with us no matter where they are. To make this even better we are offering different courses and tiers, so you have the chance to choose your interest and payments. Sign up now and begin your training! https://www.patreon.com/ironsidemc
Learning how to fight in 60-80 lbs of armor is difficult and requires a great deal of fitness. Our fitness program was designed by Duncan McCallum. Duncan is an International Sports Sciences Association Accredited Personal Trainer with a PN1 Nutrition Certification.
There are three types of fitness aerobic, muscle strengthening, and flexibility.
- Aerobic is commonly misnamed as cardio exercise. This describes any activity that raises your heart rate and keeps it up for an extended period of time.
- Muscle Strengthening entails both the ability to lift heavy objects and working your muscles longer and harder (endurance).
- Flexibility which comes from stretching. Your muscles are repeatedly shortened when they are used, especially when exercising. They need to be slowly and regularly stretched to counteract the repeated shortening that happens through other activities.
Our fitness program is designed to incorporate all three of the fitness types in order to enhance performance. Just like our classes we offer three levels of fitness for students to choose from.
- Level 1 – is free and built into our intermediate classes. We spend 15 minutes of our 55 minute intermediate class doing intro level high intensity interval training or HIIT. HIIT is a great way to loose weight, get in shape, and build stamina.
- Level 2 – is an additional $25 a month. The extra fee helps pay for one of the best personal trainers in the business, Duncan McCallum. Duncan custom writes our advanced HIIT workouts with fully armored steel fighting in mind. He knows first hand the physical demands of our sport and helps train the body to withstand its punishments. These workouts are offered during our advanced classes and usually last 30 minutes
- Level 3 – If these workouts are not enough Duncan also offers personalized workouts. Contact us for more details.
To give you a sample of the types of workouts we have at Ironside MC we are posting a month’s worth of free workout routines. These workouts are intensive and will give you amazing results. Transform your fitness and become the best Iron-warrior you can be, but don’t take our word for it give them a try for yourself!
- The Pareto Principle of Lifting, or, “Stop Stepping over $100 Bills to Pick up Dimes!”
- Invest in yourself – you are worth it!
- Free Workout from B Greater Fitness – 1/28
- Free Workout from B Greater Fitness – 1/29
- Free workout from B Greater Fitness – 1/30
- Free Workout – THORSday HIIT
- Monday Workout 2/4 – Fitness February
- Tuesday Workout 2/5 – Fitness February
- Wednesday Workout 2/6 – Fitness February
- Thursday Workout 2/7 – Fitness February
- Friday Workout 2/8 – Fitness February
- Monday Workout 2/11 – Fitness February
- Tuesday Workout 2/12 – Fitness February
- Wednesday Workout 2/13 – Fitness February
- Thursday Workout 2/14 – Fitness February
- Friday Workout 2/15 – Fitness February
- Monday Workout 2/18 – Fitness February
- Tuesday Workout 2/19 – Fitness February
- Wednesday Workout 2/20 – Fitness February
- Thursday Workout 2/21 – Fitness February
- Friday Workout 2/22 – Fitness February
- Monday Workout 2/25 – Fitness February
- Tuesday Workout 2/26 – Fitness February
- Wednesday Workout 2/27 – Fitness February
- Thursday Workout 2/28 – Fitness February
Last, but not least is nutrition. Out of the three essentials this is the most under appreciated often times most overlooked. Following the same pattern as skills and fitness, we have three different and unique programs for nutrition.
- Level 1 -Ironside Medieval Combat has a partnership with 5 Star Nutrition. 5 Star Nutrition offers free consultations with their Inbody composition analysis and customized meal planning with no extra cost to ensure you reach your nutrition goals. All Ironside Members get a 25% discount with 5 Star Nutrition for any supplements and vitamins they may want to purchase.
- Level 2 – For an extra $25 a month Janeal Ironside will work with any Ironside member to create a customize meal plan, provide a recommended food list, healthy recipes, and connect you with people who are also starting on their nutrition journey.
- Level 3 – For people who want to revolutionize their nutrition goals we also offer full nutrition packages. These packages will change your life, and with them come huge discounts with Ironside Memberships. Watch the video, then click here for more information and discounts.